Somewhere In Between

Thursday, June 23, 2005

SO HOT RIGHT NOW!

Ok - I just had to say that the heat index was 101 degrees today. It was a sweltering day of scraping paint. You could actually see the humidity hanging in the air.

My older brother was the one who first suggested that I keep a blog. Actually, I started one a few months ago but life got busy and I fogot about it. So here I am to share my thoughts and random personality. If you are reading this, you are a brave soul. I LOVE writing...but you never know what might come out of my head, through my fingers, and straight to my computer. :)

"So hot right now!" was a phrase I found myself saying a lot today. Those four words will forever remind me of my freshmen and sophomore years at Dordt. Zoolander was the rage and even though the movie makes no sense, it will always be one of my favorites. I love the part where the four male models are driving around drinking orange mocha frappuccinos and stop at the gas station. It isn't long before...poof...one of them lights a cigarette the gasoline causes a fire of jumbo proportion.

Sometimes I think I'm a little like that male model. Okay, I'm not a male. I don't want to be a male; and I for sure wouldn't want to be a model. But, all too often I wander around life and do silly things without really thinking about it. My guardian angel was with me today when I almost dropped the later on my head...no joke.

Guardian angels are most definitely real. I think God sends them at just the right time. I just wish he would have sent one to the highway I live on yesterday morning. A quarter of a mile down the road a woman traveling in a car and a truck driving in the opposite direction collided. It was loud. I was sleeping and I heard it happen. The lady didn't make it. She was 53.

Then I further thought about another accident that happened a few years ago, just off of our driveway. My brother, Ryan, was driving the tractor home when a car ran into him. He couldn't move in time. That person wasn't expecting his life to end that night either. I wonder how much my big brother, who always seems so strong and put together, thinks about that night.

Life's a journey to a final destination. By God's grace, we have some say about where our final destination will be. That destination could be coming sooner than we would like to think.

And all I can do is complain about how bored I get scraping paint and just how "so hot right now" it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home