Somewhere In Between

Saturday, June 25, 2005

H I N D S I G H T

The following post is the lyrics to "Hindsight" by John Reuben. This song could very well have been my "life song" this past year.

The lyrics are so meaningful and true. Sometimes we find ourselves drifting through life and hard times, wondering if we are making a difference or doing the right thing. Often we just want a way out when things are difficult...we all forget the fact that God has a purpose in trial and that He teaches us character through it. As the song says, He is the life giver. He has a purpose. One day everything will make sense, if we let go of our pride and throw our plans out the window.

Personally, this is my song of surrender. I'm often in a hurry to get "there" and drift off thinking about what I could be doing if I weren't stuck where I'm at. I forget that the very place I am "stuck" (occupationally) is exactly what I am supposed to be doing (even when the road ahead promises to be uphill). I have to repeatedly let go of pride, be patient, and follow God's timing. For me, this song screams my very frustrations, but it also mentions my hope in Christ. Anyway I was listening to the song tonight and looked up the lyrics. I think it is definitely a song worth listening to.


John Reuben - "Hindsight"

I screamed to God out of frustration after another day of waking
And hating the fact that I’m still where I’m at
What’s the point of all of this cuz I’m not seeming to find it - is it meaningless
I search the reason behind it because these moments seem to drag on forever
And these years on end seem to have never been
This desperation has formed repetition within
Too insecure to pretend and I’m too weak to defend
Here it comes again all in my world again left with no direction no beginning no end
The days blend together and the weather never changes
Numb to the outcome but yet not quite painless
Aimless to whether or not I made a mistake and if so how far is too far before it’s too late
Should I wait but then what would be too long to reverse the effects if I was wrong.

Chorus
Hindsight is a beautiful thing when you can look back and see what patience and time can bring

Is it a must that I’m here, is it a must that I stay in order to look forward - must I look away
We’re moving towards a new day unsure of what tomorrow will bring our way
I’m not even quite sure of what this day holds, I say we travel the unknown and watch it unfold
Hold today close while still reaching for tomorrow through the test of time
I’ve seen joy overcome sorrow so with every trial I endure
With hopes to mature into what I was created for more than life itself
I want life itself to press past the present until forever is felt and take hold of the hidden mystery
Wide-eyed and open I now see differently, if it’s so to be then give me the strength to be content And find peace in knowing one day it will all make sense

Learning to accept the unexpected because the unknown wasn’t here for me to correct it
So I let it go and stopped trying to control the impossible
Simply put tossed in the shuffle at a young age just like everyone else
So I don’t feel sorry for you or for myself
Love is bigger than that and I’m not below or above the way it moves
Even though the things it does to my train of thought can bring about doubt and uncertainty
Patience tends to not agree with my psyche – that’s more than likely just some pride in me
Fighting expectations of where I think my life should be selfishly
I forget so quickly let me never forget Lord break me in humility
Some sort of amazing grace on me as I look back upon my life and where you’ve taken me

Hear the call – peace fall from trial to triumph
I want your hand in it all
Allow me to know where to stand in it all life giver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home