Somewhere In Between

Sunday, July 03, 2005

JUBILEE

I'm a total sap right now. I'm finally home from a very busy day at one of the places dearest to my heart...my college in a little town in Sioux Center, Iowa....Dordt's 50th anniversary celebration!

When I first walked on campus my initial thought was that it was strange to see so many people with gray hair wandering around, seemingly lost on a campus that has changed a lot over the years. But how awesome it was to gather with more than a thousand people with one thing in common, a love for Dordt and a love for the God who brought them there.

There were only ten people from my class there. Ten people, however, was more than enough to make the day special. After all of the reunions, conversations in the Bean, walking around, banquet, fireworks, and running into random people, a wealth of memories comes back.

It is weird that Dordt is now a memory. Every time I go back it feels as though I never left. Sure, this past year I did have enough good friends there to make it feel like home, and I was contemplating going back for a good part of the year. But maybe it is not the place so much that brings people together, but the lessons learned and the people who leave an imprint forever.

I never wanted to go to Dordt. It took me my entire senior year of high school to admit that I was going there; and when I got to Dordt, I wanted to leave my entire freshmen year. Some decisions affect one's life forever. Surreal to think that I almost passed up knowing some of the most beautiful people in my life, people I've had some of the most amazing times with.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'll admit it...I'm proud to be a Dordt-wart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home