Somewhere In Between

Thursday, July 28, 2005

INFLATABLE

I never thought I'd live to see this day with a smile on my face. I hope it was a truly beautiful day...the day I heard him dream aloud about so many times...but those dreams never included me. It was all a game. So foreign to me now.

I was talking to Naomi, a good friend from college, on the phone tonight. Although we've emailed, I hadn't talked to her in over a year. Sometimes it is so good to hear the old, familiar voice of a friend. I'm amazed at how quickly I can pick up with my college friends. I think some people will keep popping back into my life for a long time. It will be interesting to see which friendships stand the test of time.

One thing Naomi and I talked about was relationships (after all, we are girls). She mentioned a bit of advice she'd been given by her aunt, straight from the mouth of Dr. Dobson.

"You shouldn't marry someone you can live with. You should marry someone you can't live without."

I haven't met that guy yet...the guy I can't live without...and if I have, I'm supposed to be living without him right now. Some people are in such a hurry to rush into love and relationships. At one point of my life, I was on that bandwagon. But you see, the man I can't live without, is the man I will BEST serve the Lord with. I could be happy with a number of different guys. However, I think there are a select few that I can SERVE THE LORD WITH!! That is worth waiting for! If I'm not blessed with that, I'd rather be single and serve the Lord in that way my entire life.

Some people pressure me to hurry up and just find someone. My students this year told me they were going to sign me up for "E-harmony.com" and were convinced that I was the loneliest person in the world without a boyfriend. My mother thinks the same thing (grrrr!!!). My brother thinks I should get married so I have someone to take care of me (when did he become the overly protective big brother?). My married friends sure don't get it. Mack that up on the list of reasons why I'm completely "weird".

Why do people feel sorry for you when you are single? I don't understand it. I'm annoyed with that mentality. Why waste so much time and energy chasing something God will bring into my life when He knows is best? He's preparing me...he's preparing him too... Only God knows what I need...that's a big part of my testimony right there...but I'm not going to share all of that in a blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home