Somewhere In Between

Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Week

Sunday – My friend Dave called and asked me if I wanted to join him for a ride in the mountains. It was a gorgeous day. You should really see the colors of fall in the mountains. Absolutely fabulous! It was also good to hear about a ministry opportunity that Dave is thinking about giving more time to, working with the Ludy’s who wrote When God Writes Your Love Story and When God Writes Your Life Story. Went to my 20’s/30’s church group at night.

Monday – School. Meeting after school. And my only real night to grade papers all week. I also watched the movie “The Prince and Me” which was one of the last movies I saw with my girlfriends at Dordt. I borrowed it from one of the middle-schoolers. Funny, the last time I saw it I remember loving it. This time, I was completely annoyed. Hollywood, once again, presented an unreal picture of romance. Still a cute movie though, with some real down-home Midwest in it. (I just don’t see how a Wisconsin farmer’s daughter would ever end up marrying a king from Denmark! I mean, really, you aren’t going to see this Iowa farmer’s daughter marry Prince William, are you? I don’t think so.)

Tuesday – Meetings before school. School. Then class for two and a half hours after school. Once a month I am taking a class on teaching strategies in reading and writing with four other teachers from my school. It is great for helping me bring new ideas into the classroom. I also enjoyed talking to one of the 5th grade teachers and hearing just how difficult her class is this year (so nice to know that my problems last year weren’t due to my own nature, but the kids!). Went home, graded more papers until Kristi VW called. You know you are busy when you can go two months without talking to one of your best friends and don’t even realize it!

Wednesday – School. Worked until 4:40 and went home early. Took a nap. Washed the dishes, talked to my mom on the phone for five minutes and headed to Young Life. We are working on putting together a fundraiser banquet for next Monday night. I got to do some voice work. Not a lot of kids showed up this week because of homecoming, but it was still fun. I am in my element when I am singing/listening to music, talking about God, and hanging out with people. The leader and I still need to meet. I’m not yet “official,” so I’m still in prayer about the opportunity. Went home, picked up my apartment, graded papers for an hour before going to bed.

Thursday – Woke up at 5:40 for some “God time” because I’ve neglected my quiet times this week. School. This afternoon I am treating myself to Panera and will hopefully get my lesson plans together for next week. (I’m also 11 days behind in reading the Purpose Driven Life, but I did just finish reading it this summer. It is a good book, but I definitely have my frustrations with it.) Small Group tonight. My friend, Mike, called to invite me to a late movie and out to eat with a bunch of people…but I might just have to say “no” to that one. Staying out until 1:00 on a weeknight might not be a good idea this week!

Friday – Meeting before school. Meeting after school. School. And then I’m going home to crash. I don’t care if it is Friday night, I need a long walk and my couch! :)

Saturday – Making invitations for my mom’s surprise 50th birthday party. Party planning long-distance with my sister-in-law. At night DC is having a “community building night.” They are showing “Cheaper by the Dozen” on the lawn outside of school so I should probably make an appearance. Good things are happening with the community of DC this year. I am so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home