Somewhere In Between

Thursday, August 11, 2005

IF YOU GIVE, YOU BEGIN TO LIVE

Well...my classroom walls are starting to look brighter, my supplies for the year have arrived, and we are just a few days away from a new school year. Tuesday will be here quickly.

Having a summer to relax and reflect was just what I needed. Most recently I realized that I have been distant with people here...I had no idea until just a few days ago. I wouldn't allow myself to let people into my heart last year, because so much was on the rocks for so long. I thought my position would be cut, was told it would be cut, and it wasn't. I almost walked away...I think I made the right choice by staying. Every day I fall more and more in love with this place. Today I wonder if I will ever leave. Sometimes, though, I still ask myself where life would have taken me if I had left. By staying, have I permanently given up a few of my dreams? Do I really want to know?

I'm not your distant type of person; but I've kept some of the people who care about me here at a distance these past six months. People that I shouldn't keep myself from. But maybe guarding your heart has more to do than the opposite sex and love and relationships. If I would have let people in, and then left just a couple of months later, I don't know how I would have handled it. It may have crushed me. If only I could be a shallow person! Life would be easier...but then I wouldn't have so many amazing people walking beside me in life...no matter how near or far away they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home