Somewhere In Between

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Lemonade and Puppy Chow

Grrrr...I'm so sick of being a teacher!!!

I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR! Report cards are due on Friday and the following week are parent-teacher conferences. Double yikes! I've been trying to frantically grade papers as fast as I can this weekend. In fact, that is all I've done this weekend exept for paying my bills. And now I feel poor, and bored, and a whole lot of other things.

Oh, I am real happy about one thing, though. I fixed the defrost on my car yesterday after school...all by myself! I picked up the part and fixed it and now I'm ready for another wintery day! No dad, or Ryan, or Kyle to rescue me (sounds pretty pathetic, I know...but my boys are so sweet and awesome they've always taken care of my car troubles). After a really snowy Monday, I couldn't put it off any longer. I was sick of driving around with the windows open, gettin' all wet, and doing the head turn (look at road...turn head...breathe...look at road...turn head...breathe). I'm sure that it would have been really entertaining to see. But it is fixed now! Yay!

Enough grumbling...I must suck it up and do my work.

1 Comments:

Blogger CT said...

Okay...so it is 73 degrees here today. No need for defrost, and it is awesome to be able to drive around with the windows open without melting. It finally rained--first time since, I think August sometime, I don't really remember. Sorry I've been out of touch. My home phone is down --billing dispute not going my way--so I can only check my mail, blog, etc. from school. So, of course, the hard drives were in Pasadena for two weeks and I couldn't use the computer at school either! Will my luck ever change?

Christopher sent a message with Travis to OT class. He is sorry he didn't call. He says hi. But he still hasn't called. I told Travis to say hi back, nothing else seemed appropriate. Christy is sooo over the flaky boy.

Brenda gets married on my birthday. How crazy is that? I likely can't be there because of cohort, but I will at least go to Cali for the reception later. Even if I need to rearrange the 3-year seminary plan. Oh yeah. David scheduled stuff so I can retake my two classes and still finish by summer 07. He is masterful when it comes to arranging my life course.

Will you be home at Christmas? Still trying to decide what to do about travel plans for the year. I have no money. So that complicates things. I think my parents assume I'll go home for the holiday, but I'm not sure how that will play out. Wow, this is a book and not a comment.

Anyway...I'll call you soon and give you the skinny on love and internship. And the church that I've decided not to hate. And Louie--who is associated with internship and not love, btw.

Love and miss you girl!
CT

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home