Somewhere In Between

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Adventures with Pudding

I am eating pudding for lunch right now. Chocolate pudding with a plastic spoon. Definitely a step down from pudding with a regular spoon. Maybe even a step further down because it is the kind of chocolate pudding that comes from a plastic cup and it is almost too chocolaty. But it was easier than packing a lunch so it is my own fault if I’m not having a better lunch. Chocolate pudding and a crispy cream doughnut. Aren’t I eating healthy today? My eating habits have not been the best this week. I just don't feel like packing a lunch and I've been waking up as late as possible.

I’m on break from kids at the moment. Ten more minutes to eat my pudding and recover from lunch duty. I have lunch duty every Thursday and today was awful. I never leave the lunch room without a headache. The kids were much louder than normal today. One of the 4th grade boys put pudding all over his face, squished chili in his hands, and thought the whole thing was really funny. Then the boy next to him started throwing food at kids when I had to go talk to some of the 5th grade boys who thought it would be cool to bring an ipod to lunch (they aren’t allowed at school).

And after all of that, I still love working with kids.