Somewhere In Between

Friday, December 16, 2005

Stopping to Smell the Flowers

I really am stopping to smell my BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers from my students. It is positively the most gorgeous and largest boquet I have ever gotten in my entire life!

There are some perks to being a teacher. Like celebrating your half birthday. I was delivered Starbucks in the morning, a cake at snack time, and Chipotle (good burritos!) for lunch too. Yes, tomorrow I am officially 23 and 1/2 years old. Happy 1/2 Birthday to me!! I told my students that I was 47, but apparently a couple of them have googled me and found out how old I really am. Ha ha...

School is over for the week. :) And what a frazzled week it was! The kids are all ready for break and as hyper as ever. I think I'm going to head out and go to Mardel's on the way home (my Colorado Christian bookstore) and do a little Christmas shopping. Then I'm going to take a nap before going downtown to the laser light show. I'm also trying something new tonight...SUSHI! Right now sushi doesn't really sound appealing...why would I chose to eat RAW FISH?! But I'm willing to try most anything once!

Side Note: One thing I've noticed about myself lately is how random my friendship circles are out here. I've always kind of been that way, I guess. I have my "teacher friends" and my "youth ministry friends" and my "roomate friends" and my "church friends"...I'm not really sure how to classify tonight's group though. One thing is for sure, it will be a lot of fun.

Last night at Bible Study I was challenged to practice an attitude ot thankfulness. Today I am thankful for birthdays, the smell of flowers, long lunch breaks, weekends, the DC staff, and for tonight's opportunity to hang out with Jamie, Lee, David, Jenn, Tiffany, Julia and whoever else shows up.