Somewhere In Between

Thursday, December 01, 2005

In a Funke

Do you ever feel like life is happening so fast that you aren't even awake to it?

I am in a funke...and I just had a three day break last week!!

Part of the reason I am in a funke is because I've been busy packing and moving for the past couple of weeks. Hence, neglecting the rest of life. Last night I finally moved everything out of my old apartment, cleaned, and said goodbye. Having roommates again kinda makes me feel like I'm back in college. It will be a lot of fun. I think we will get along great. (Oh yeah, did I tell you that I just saved $380 writing my rent check?) Pamela and I already hooked my TV and DVD player in the bedroom and bonded over Keith Urban and our love for coffee. Kim and I both teach at Denver Christian. In fact we both overslept this morning, something I've only done a handful of times in my life...whoops! Thankfully, I still made it to school well on time. Kristina will also be a great roommate for the next few weeks until she moves to Michigan...What is it with Colorado? I've made even more Michigan and Iowa friends since I have been out here. It's like bees and honey. So many people end up in Colorado. We flock together but no one really knows why.

Perhaps the energy is drained out of me because I did such a great job impersonating Vanna White at Young Life last night. I wasn't really feeling the energy before I got up in front of the group, I've been so tired this week. But, I love acting stupid in front of kids. Scott, our director, asked me to fill in as a leader at Wyldlife camp this weekend. He has two high school girls leading but was having trouble finding a female adult leader to help lead discussion. How could I pass up a weekend at camp in the mountains??? Quite honestly, I shouldn't be going. I can't remember the last time I was this far behind on school work. But, Scott said I could bring stuff to work on so hopefully I become a quick pro at doing two things at once.

Yes, I need to get to work. I need to finish my last lesson for Bible study tonight. I also need to go to Target and wander the aisles and put togehter a Christmas list. I love Target! Oh yeah...school! Yes, I should work on stuff for that too. Best be going...Ta ta for now!