Somewhere In Between

Monday, November 07, 2005

Church In a Corn Field

Perhaps nothing will ever be able to shake the country out of me. No matter how much time passes. No matter how much I enjoy the diversity and opportunities of the city. I'll always love cornfields more than traffic lights, and amber waves of grain just as much as rocky mountain majesty.

I love being in the field with my dad. I love seeing the ones I love in their element. I love having discussions about life and God and the church in the cornfield. I praise God for an excellent weekend at home a week ago: For the 50th surprise birthday party that my sister-in-law and I fabulously pulled off for my mom on Saturday night. For the chance to hang out at my older brother's house Friday night. For disking stalks with my dad on Monday morning. And for pizza at the Ranch with my younger brother right before I left for the airport on Monday afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike E said...

I love the corn as well. For part of the year my house is sucluded from everyone and now that the corn is harvested I have neighbors again

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home