Somewhere In Between

Monday, October 24, 2005

To Move or Not to Move?

That is the question!

The day after I got back from Mexico, I woke up and sat up in bed and said, "I'm think I'm supposed to move. I don't know where, or why, or when. But I know that I'm supposed to move." It wasn't me talking.

Anyway, I started looking for places in Centennial, much closer to most friends and 9 miles closer to work. It didn't take long for me to be reminded why I chose to live in Parker in the first place. It costs more to live anywhere else. So, I decided to stay.

I LOVE Parker! It suits me well. Country, yet city...one of those places that is very "in between". I love towns the size or Parker (about 50,000 or so). The biggest downside has been that I'm nearly thirty minutes from school, which was alright last year until gas prices went up and I started having a life. Now I simply cannot afford the rent. It's pretty much either have a life and find some roommates, or stop hanging out with all of these cool people that have become a part of my life.

I choose people! But that's what complicates things. Some of the people that are now a part of my life are the people I'm connected to through Young Life in Parker. I have a wonderful roommate situation lined up, with some girls that I know I'll get along with. The downside is that it's twenty minutes from Parker. (Wouldn't be a big deal if I were back in the middle of nowhere, but twenty minutes out here is different than twenty minutes back home. I don't mind driving, but it is definitely harder to have kids over to hang out.) The rent is hundreds of dollars less than I pay now. What a great deal! Except, I don't want to leave my YL kids. :( I don't want moving to get in the way of God's work. And I know that since I'm more of a country girl than a city girl, I relate to Parker kids better than some others out here.

So, right now the plan is to move Thanksgiving weekend. I'm happy and exicted, but really sad at the same time. This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I need to give my apartment my notice by Thursday before I go to IOWA! YEAH IOWA!!!!! Can't wait to see my family!!!!!

Yeah, so it's 9:00 and I'm at school again. I had YL right after school (campaigners and then leaders meeting) and then had to come back because I have PTC's tomorrow and still need to prepare. Another late night for me. No one showed up for campaigners though, so my wonderful new friend Jenn helped me grade papers for a couple of hours. Young Life people are awesome!

Is there any way that I can skip right over tomorrow and have it be Wednesday??? That way I can teach and go to YL and not have to deal with parents. I love parents. Most of the time. But the thing about parent-teacher conferences is that there are always surprises, no matter what you do. Can't help but be a little anxious about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home