Somewhere In Between

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Relationship Advice 101

Recess duty was a joy today (well, sort of). Surprises are always around the corner when it comes to one of my old students, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that he came up to me with such exuberance half way through recess. (At least I am happy to say that he no longer pesters me to go on a date with his big brother. Other than that, our relationship has not changed a lot this year.)

Out of nowhere he says, "Do you know of any websites that will help me get girls to like me?" I told him that he didn't need a website and that, furthermore, no one could really make anyone like them. Besides, he is a likable kid already. So he said, "I like Kaitlin, but she won't go out with me. What do I do? Will you help me? Should I buy her something nice? Like candy or chocolates? Or do I just go out and tell her that I like her like a fat boy likes cake."

Okay...first of all, I don't suggest that a boy (of any age) tell a girl that he likes her "like a fat boy likes cake." Nevertheless, this boy had the hugest crush on this poor girl all year last year and he still hasn't gotten over it. It was really cute, and nice to take the relationship attention off of me for a once. :) The whole thing made me laugh. What a weird kid.

Maybe there should be a course in 4th grade on relationships. At least my class this year is not year as boy-girl crazy...at least not yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home