Somewhere In Between

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Three Things are Official...

(1) I finally caught that cold that I've been destinted to get the past month and a half.

(2) This is my last "normal" weekend in my apartment before I move after Thanksgiving.

(3) I need to do a better job of keeping in touch with my "old" friends. Hearing from me every two months is not enough. (Thanks to a couple of good friends who reminded me of that this week!)

Life is changing. Life is always changing. I've been thinking about a lot of random stuff lately. Reflecting on the past, enjoying the present, dreaming ahead to the future. I'm so glad to be in the middle of my season in Denver. Beginnings are never easy. Endings are usually sad. But the middle? Well, that is the best part.

I ran away from the Midwest as fast as I could after graduation. I ran away from everything about life as I knew it, and found opportunities in places so much unlike what I grew up with. I don't think I even realized it at the time. But that doesn't mean that I like it better.

Different? Yes.
Good different? Absolutely.
Better different? No.
Every season has its beauty; and every place has an intricate beauty that will go left undiscovered if you pass it by.

My eyes have been opened, but I don't think I've changed. At least not much. If anything, I've come to accept who I am instead of trying to change who I am to please others. I don't fit into a box. I wasn't made for a box. I'm okay with that now. This is a good feeling. I feel free. Free to be me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike E said...

Hey old friend. It is good to hear that you feel free. You always look and sound free when I am talking to you in the sense that you have a good idea about what you want and need. Enjoy your weekend and enjoy the move. Talk to you later

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home