Somewhere In Between

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Christmas In Denver

Hmmm...What happened this week?

A lot actually. I went to a couple of early Chrismtas parties. I also spent some time hanging out at my new apartment, staying inside from the near zero degree temperatures (cold for Denver!), and catching some zzz's on the living room floor. Next week I can actually start unpacking my things (when roommate #4 moves out). My air mattress is comfy, but I still haven't exactly been getting enough sleep. In fact I caught myself a nice head cold. I had to stay home from a few of my commitments this week, but it hasn't slowed me down too much. I hate backing out of commitments but sometimes you just gotta take care of yourself, ya know?

This has been a very hard lesson for me to learn:

No sleep + Too Many Commitments = Tiredness = Sickness!!!

Pretty simple equation, you would think. Easy to figure out? Not for me! There is always so much to do here and so many people to hang out with...AND never enough hours in the day. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have one of those "normal" jobs that didn't require more than 40 hours a week. But then, I probably wouldn't be sharing Jesus with youth and then I wouldn't be happy. That would be worse than being too busy. So, I have just argued myself out of my complaint.

What else? Oh yes, last night I went to a Christmas program at church with my roomies and then out to eat at the Olive Garden. Kristina and I also went for a walk and to Old Navy where I purchased some great steals. (Yes, I am Dutch and I will always be proud of myself for buying things I need on sale!) Today for lunch I met up with Jenn at Chili's. Now I am at school trying to get some work done. Tonight David and Aimee and I are going to go see "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe". I've been waiting for MONTHS for this movie to come out and am quite excited.

Wishing you a meaningful Christmas season!

JB