Somewhere In Between

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Sweetest Praise

I just have to say "Thank You, Lord!"

We had our K-5 Christmas program last night. It was completely amazing. Amazing that it went so well considering that fact that our program director had to pull out at the last minute. It was perhaps the sweetest program I have ever seen a K-5 group do. It was especially neat to see so many of my kids acting, saying Bible verses, dancing, and doing so many other neat parts such as dressing as sheep or playing Bing Crosby. The character "Grandpa Eddie" really touched me as well. He is a sweet, sort-of gruff man in his sixties and the janitor at our school. The kids love him. The parents love him. The teachers love him. I didn't know he was such an actor...no one knew...which made it so neat to see the unlikely in front of the crowd in such a sweet way.

I am convinced that sometimes the sweetest praise comes from the lips of children. Often times children don't even know what they are saying or how to verbalize the questions they are wondering about. Sometimes I get frustrated because everything is so "surface". Last night was a reminder again of why I've been put on this earth...to touch His kids. Surface-level thinking is okay. That is where these kids are supposed to be. If there is no surface, faith will never be able to sink from the intellect to the heart.