Somewhere In Between

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Daily Dose

I am going to be productive tonight. Yes, I am.

Somehow it is hard to convince myself of that. It is always hard to get back into school after a break, even if we only had a day off. Today allowed me to be in a bit of a funke because my students had art, p.e., handbells, and an assembly this afternoon. All I had to do was administer a test and teach Bible. What a great day!

Chapel planning is currently underway for next week. This is the second and last 4th grade led chapel this year and the only one I have ever planned on my own. I'm trying to be creative with the resources that I have. Honestly, I don't have many resources apart from the Bible. But that in itself is pretty cool because the Bible should be the center of chapel. The activities/dramas/music/ect. are secondary to that. I think I'm continuing the topic of the treasure of God and am going to focus on what to do with that treasure. This is a follow up of another chapel a teacher did last week. I'm contemplating whether I should have the students do drama or if I should teach an object lesson. I already have to take on the music, which is fine, except that it is going to take a little extra work. I haven't played piano in a really long time.

Not long ago I realized that I have pretty much been teaching at Denver Christian for two years already, counting student teaching, and minus a month and a half of student teaching at HMS. How is that even possible? I really can't believe it!

I should go. I have a staff meeting in eleven minutes. There is today's daily dose. I kinda like this writing more often thing, even if I don't have anything profound or of particular interest to say.