Somewhere In Between

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Zombie

I’m feeling like a zombie today. Tired. Muscles hurt. Having a hard time focusing on the task at hand. Maybe writing will help me jump out of my stupor.

I had a fabulous weekend. I loved every minute of it. Snowshoeing on Saturday. Hiking Sunday afternoon. Snowboarding yesterday…What more could you want? No wonder I’m still wishing it were the weekend.

Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:30 to drive up to Copper with Kim, Karen, Cynthia, Tiffany, and Julia. It was a great girl’s day. Half of us went skiing, half went snowboarding. And yes, I tried out snowboarding for the first time. I stink at snowboarding. It is twelve times harder than skiing, but is something I can see myself becoming addicted to. It was hard to learn how to even get up on the board, much less learn how to turn and balance my body. And, did I say that I hurt today? A lot. Every square inch of my body hurts. I can’t even laugh, it hurts. But it is a good hurt. The painful kind of hurt that comes from knowing that you earned it. I’m ready to go again. Anyone care to join me?