Somewhere In Between

Friday, January 13, 2006

Personality Tests

I've just wasted nearly an hour reading blogs and changing my settings. Like my new template??

The week is over and we have Monday off of school! I am so incredibly excited. This week has been tiring trying to get report cards out, but now that is over and they are in my students' hands. I'm happy!

One exciting thing that happened this week is that I got a new computer! I've been saving up little by little for a long time and over Christmas break I decided to splurge. It is a Dell notebook. Already I can envision myself sitting around random coffee shops in Denver doing my work, emailing, blogging, and a bunch of other stuff. One thing I realized this week is how much I miss writing. I LOVE writing! Last year I actually missed sitting in classes just so I could write those ten page papers that everyone hates to write. Well, I don't like to write research papers, but ask me to sit and type and reflect on my life and what I've read and I'll do so gladly. Maybe now I will write more. We'll see. Like I said, I really do miss it. My introverted self has in some ways become more extroverted.

One of my friends gave me a personality test a little while ago that said I'm a combination between a otter and a golden retriever. Wouldn't that make an interesting animal? What does that mean? I'm a randomly dependable person? I'm an expressor but I'm also a reflective soul? Seems a little contradictory. Another test said that I'm an idealist. Apparently I "believe in possibilities"...and "I'm a hopeless romantic who won't give up on the quest for seeking out the beauty and potential of life in myself and others?" Shouldn't there be a simpler way of wording the way we analyze the human personality?