Somewhere In Between

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Life

Spring Break is here!!!!

Right now I'm supposed to be working on updating my resume, but that isn't really a lot of fun, so I thought I'd waste some time doing this. Not that blogging is altogether a waste, but I could probably be doing much more productive things with my time.

Valerie and Nate are here!!! Valerie is one of my dearest friends from high school and college. They arrived late Saturday night and it has been an absolute blast to have them here. The four of us (including David) talked for awhile and then went to the house that one of my roommates is house-sitting and watched a movie. On Sunday I took Valerie and Nate to Red Rocks. We walked around and Nate got to see the stage that Dave Matthews has performed on numerous times, so that was fun for him. Then I took them to church at night and they met a few of my friends before we went back to my apartment and my boyfriend joined us. On Monday Nate went snowboarding and Valerie and I had the day to sleep in, go out for brunch, make brownies, and watch a movie. Last night we went to Dave & Busters, a video arcade, for dinner and games. Tonight we are going out for some Colorado pizza and I'm not sure what the next two days hold, but I'm sure they will be a lot of fun. It is so awesome to see my old friends in my new world. Makes me miss the old...reliving Dordt memories...seeing how much I have learned and grown and that is exciting.

Having my friends here and good friends in Denver, roommates, and boyfriend at my side is a reminder of God's faithfulness to me. He has lifted me up from the depths, and although I know that there are going to be some very difficult days ahead, GOD HAS A PLAN FOR THIS. Even through the things that I do not understand. God has a plan and that plan is good because He loves me. My heart is not falling out in quite the same way that it was last week. God is using this week to refresh me. I'm sure he also has things to reveal to me this weekend in Iowa. I cannot wait to spend time with my family and get away from the craziness of the city.

GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS, OH GOD!