Somewhere In Between

Monday, March 20, 2006

The Weekend

Friday night was spent chaparoning DC's middle school dance. Actually I think we called it a "social movement mixer," but nevertheless the idea was the same. It is always cool to hang out with the other teachers and David came too so he got to meet some of my work friends.

On Saturday I slept in because I have been sick again (I'm still too stubborn to learn that I need to go to bed before midnight). I went to school in the afternoon for a few hours and got a few things done. Then I met up with some people at Dave and Busters for video games and food at night. Also a really great time. It was great to have some quality friends time and to get to know some different people better too.

My roommates and I declared Sunday a "day of relaxation" and got some coffee at Starbucks. I spent a lot of the afternoon reading which is something I don't do often this time of year. Church was good last night. Great talk about India and the Dalit Freedom Network there. Cool organization. I think some seeds were planted for me to go there one day. Fascinating stuff. After church our pastor literally kicked us out the door because a blizzard was on the way. David came over to pick up the ice scraper that I had borrowed from him and ended up staying and talking with my roommates, which means that I went to bed late again but it was worth the lack of sleep.

Right now I am back at school after going home for a few hours to take a nap, getting ready for parent-teacher conferences tomorrow. I suddenly have 14 conferences instead of 7. I guess some parents like to sign up late. Oh well. Ta ta and take care!

Love, Julie