Somewhere In Between

Friday, February 24, 2006

Getting Attacked but Somehow Still Happy

I had a car accident on Wednesday. I was in Parker and stopping to get gas at a station before heading to the rec center, where I meet a friend every Weds. before Young Life. Wouldn't ya know, somebody backed right into my beautiful Grand Am. And now I'm dealing with the hassle of insurance companies and it isn't fun. I spent my entire planning period and another half hour after school today on the phone. Even called my dad in Iowa for advice and have been talking to people at school about where to take my car to get fixed. What a pain! At least my car is drivable, except when I hit a huge bump on the road and it scapes the bottom of my car. Not cool.

Other not cool news of the day...more word on the job front. Start praying for 7th graders, because if we don't get a few more enrolled for next year they are going to do some shuffling and it will be adios to me. Oh yeah, keep praying for 4th graders too...we still need more of those to guarantee my position here for next year. Yuck! But hey, I still think my God is a BIG God and I still believe that my place is in Denver next year...even if I'm working at Starbucks. I don't feel peace about leaving at all, which means I decided not to apply at SFC, but maybe I should sit in prayer this weekend and re-think that. It is hard to live in Denver and believe in Christian education and be in my position.

Tonight I'm going to go see the movie "Second Chance" with a big group of people from church. It is the new Michael W. Smith movie. I told David that the only way I would go is if he'd listen to me vent and get frustrated about church afterwards. What a boy. He lets me get frustrated about church and my vision of what church should be and I still haven't scared him way. This is a good thing.