Somewhere In Between

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Michigan-i-tis

It's official. I have a case of Michiganitis. This happens this time every year. The sudden urge to pack up and move to Michigan. I would be extremely happy to spend every summer there for the rest of my life. I'd be a great beach bum evanglist and I still itch for another summer at camp, especially after seeing that a couple of my old friends will still be working there this summer. Don't know if I'll make it out there this year, but I'm sure going to try!!

This past weekend was SO MUCH FUN! Cynthia, Mindy, Tiffany and I took a Roadtrip to Sand Dunes National Park. I had no idea that such things existed in Colorado! It was the closest I have ever come to feeling what the Israelites must have felt like wandering around in the desert for 40 years. It was a fun hike, but really hard because we all kept sinking into the sand. The trip also consisted of camping. I really needed to get away. So much so that I passed up a job interview with one of the Douglas county schools for it. The past week and a half has been so convicting. I still have the heart of a youth pastor and a lot of times that comes out quite boldly. I still think I'd get fired in a public school. I know that my fire would be squelched if I was not in an environment where I could spread my Savior freely. I've learned that one of my gifts is discipleship and I love it! This is the part of teaching that I crave more of when the day is over. It is the part of living that I am not complete without. I can still easily see myself working in a different type of ministry environment, but there is something awesome about having a group of kids under your wing seven hours a day for a year. What a chance to impact eternity through daily living!

Okay, that is all for now. Much to do. Lots of grading and some major planning. I also have to send out a resume for a 5th grade opening at a school in Michigan...my chances are slim...but I'll give it a whirl. I've loved my time in Colorado, but part of me feels ready to move on.