Somewhere In Between

Monday, May 08, 2006

Heart Breaker

I broke some hearts Friday afternoon. Told my kids that I wasn't going to be back next year. Things got so quiet. Faces became white. A few tears were shed. I ache for Denver Christian right now. Many parents are upset. I wouldn't be surprised if circumstances cause more kids to leave. I hate leaving this way. Thirteen days of teaching left. Lord willing, it won't be my last thirteen.

I am amazed at how much strength God has filled me with. I mutter prayers throughout the day all of the time. But I can't remember the last time I sat and read my Bible for any length of time or prayed for longer than a sentence or two at a time. I've held Him at a distance and yet He is the one thing keeping me going right now. I know that this is Him. I'm not strong enough on my own. He is strong when I am weak.

This weekend I went to see the play "Annie" at Van Dellen. My roomate did a lot of the behind the scenes work. We all went to Chili's afterwards and then most of the rest of my weekend was filled with sending out resumes and grading papers. Seems that is what takes up all of my time lately. I did pet-sit for one of my co-workers while she went to her son's graduation. It was really nice to stay in a house for awhile. Almost like a little retreat from the rest of the world. David came over Saturday night after work and stayed until almost 5am. We talked and watched tv and he studied for exams while I graded papers. Fun stuff. At least I was able to get a lot of work done this weekend. That is a huge praise. But I still have a ton to do and I want to go to the Sand Dunes with some of my friends this weekend. It has been awhile since I had any amount of significant girl time. It could be really great to get away for 48 hours.

Better keep trucking...