Somewhere In Between

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dreaming,,,

This morning I dreamed of corn fields and a sunset over a glorious lake. It was a restless kind of sleep. A fragmented dream...feeling much like my life right now...bits and pieces of me thrown together in the present as I try to write something interesting about the past few days of my life.

Yesterday I took care of some errands: visited the pharmacy for my overactive acne, got my oil changed, had my address changed on my driver's license (finally), and then came home to rearrange things in my sardine-can bedroom. I have a lot of clothes. They don't even all fit in my closet, which I share, and the cooler temperatures have forced me to realize that winter is on its way and I must get out my winter clothes or freeze to death (worst-case scenario, of course).

Today I am finally sorting through all of my teaching boxes that I haphazardly packed up when I returned to Denver after the summer. I couldn't bear to sit and look at each item, pondering if it should be tossed or packed up for a future classroom *sigh* hopefully at another good CSI school. I still miss my old job. I am enjoying my new job more as the days go by, but I do still miss it. Tomorrow I'm going over to DC to hang out in the fifth grade classrooms for a bit. I promised my students last year that I would do my best to visit if I had a chance, so tomorrow is the day. I'm an anxious to see what my emotions will do tomorrow. There is still a lot of pain at the loss of the dream, still so much love for my old students and the people there, so many other feelings, some of which I cannot explain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home