Somewhere In Between

Thursday, October 05, 2006

We Are All Needy

Thanks Christy, for the advice. I really do need to take a week off and the good news is that there are only two more weeks until Fall break. I'm looking forward to having some quality time.

What I have learned is how hard it is for me to live in the city. I've never had so many circles of people in my life. So many things I wanted to do. Life was more simple when I was...bored...but I know that being bored is not the solution.

I didn't go to Bible Study #3 tonight. It is a study with a dear friend from Denver Christian and the parent of one of my former students. I do love them both, but tonight I realized just how much I love my Thursday nights. David has class until 8:30 so I don't see or talk to him on Thursdays and the roomate that I share a room with works until 11:00pm. Most nights she comes home at 8:00 and requires my attention, but maybe I need to say no to her more often too. I have vowed to reserve my Thursday nights for me...to read, go for a walk, watch a movie, spend time with God, do laundry, ect. but mostly just to be quiet. I need to be around people most of the time, but lately 95 percent of my time has been around people, and I need to be by myself to recharge. I think this is key to putting balance into my life...I hate that word...balance.

I found myself asking this week, why does God put so many needy people into my life? I found myself thinking of all of the people who expect things from me...and I know that even though I love them, I am not the solution to their problems. I am not the solution because I am needy too. We all are needy. I NEED God. I need to give myself time to recharge and refuel. I NEED to realize that this is most important and that only He can fill me, not the satisfaction I get by trying to rescue the world! Being a compassionate person can be hard!

I hope to be freed in the next few weeks. I hope to learn to say "no". I found this out about myself already last year and for awhile it worked, but I'm looking for a lasting solution. Prioritize...prioritize...prioritize.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! I just thought that I'd check to see how things are going for you! I checked your blog out a month ago to see what happened with the job stuff. But, I need to call you sometime. I'm in the same boat as you - way too busy! Maybe this weekend! Marriage is wonderful, though we don't always see each other all that much. And, I am now teaching fourth and fifth grades. Ah - the fun times! I like the older kiddies anyway.

Talk to you soon! Love ya!
Karla

5:01 PM  
Blogger CT said...

You are welcome, my love. But I should take my own good advice. Started internship, lost valuable study time, bombed latest Hebrew vocab quiz. Not looking promising. While I can handle more chaos than the average bear, I am pushing the limits this quarter! But I am having a BLAST! I soooooo missed ministry. I didn't realize how much. I am loving NPBC so much and feel like I totally belong there right now. This year is gonna be a grand adventure!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home