Somewhere In Between

Monday, June 19, 2006

My Birthday

Yes, I am officially twenty-four. My birthday weekend was awesome! On Friday night I went to a concert where I helped work the coffee bar. It was fun. (I think I could do the whole coffee shop ministry thing. Why does the whole possibility of not finding a teaching job stress me out so much???) The music was great and best of all LOUD.

Saturday morning (my birthday) my roomate Pamela took me to the Village Inn for breakfast. We both remarked how eating at the Village Inn has a very midwest feel. Made me quite nostalgic. My roomate on the other hand is not as found of our homeland as I am. I spent the rest of the day with my boyfriend. I must say he did an excellent job of making my birthday very special. We went hiking at Rocky Mountain National Park and then he made me a picnic dinner. I was impressed.

On Sunday we went to church at 3rd CRC. It had been awhile since I went to a CRC church. Usually 3rd is where I go when I miss my home church. I love the family feel and the opportunity to play Dutch bingo. I met a guy who was born in my hometown of Hull. In the afternoon David and I went to Clement park in Littleton, went for a walk around the lake, and took a nap in the sun. Last night I went to church and hung out with some friends afterwards.

Lesson I am trying to learn this week:
Patience when you have no idea where life is taking you or who is going to be there with you when it has all worked itself out. I'm scared at the prospect of where I could be in two months. Deathly afraid. Scared of leaving, but scared of staying too. How do you know what dreams you are supposed to follow and which ones you are supposed to leave behind?