Somewhere In Between

Friday, March 30, 2007

Don't Make Me Go

In about twenty hours I will hop back on a plane for Denver. I don't want to go. Where did my spring break go?

It has been a great week. My parents will celebrate their 30th anniversary on Sunday. My brothers and I celebrated this occasion with them on Wednesday by going to Orange City and eating at the Nederlander. Thursday night we went to visit my grandpa in the hospital. He is doing alright. I don't remember my grandpa getting old. Maybe it is because I'm only around one month out of the year but for an eighty-seven-year-old who is suffering from pneumonia and congestive heart failure he is doing alright. The good news is that he has battled this bout sucessfully and actually agreed to go to the assisted living place without much convincing.

Today I went to Sioux Center and met Kristi VW for lunch. We went to Casey's Bakery and then to her place to catch up. Tonight I went out to eat at the Pizza Hut in Sioux Center. Then we came home and played Sequence. I love playing board games. Now I'm on the computer doing all sorts of things. I just finished reading parts of an old professor's caring bridge site. She is going through breast cancer and was and still is a role model to so many of my education friends. I also learned this week that a former classmate from Dordt died earlier this month. It is strange to know that I sat next to and talked to her in biology every Monday-Wednesday-Friday for a semester and now she is dead. I never would have made it through biology without her to joke around and laugh at Mahaffy with. Aside from the fact that she is with Jesus, twenty-five is too young to die. It doesn't seem real. Again I am reminded to cherish those that God puts in my life. That is why my door will never close to old friends, to good memories, or opportunities to "dance". Maybe it is time for me to go back to Denver and do just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home