Somewhere In Between

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Top 10: Strange Happenings

Last week and this week have been strange. Here is why...

1) My roomate decided to move to Nashville to pursue a singing career. Thankfully she changed her mind by the end of the week.

2) I learned that the neighbor boy I used to babysite is getting MARRIED this summer. That is a very weird thought.

3) My boyfriend got kicked out of his house for being a Christian. He is turning into a man of God with great passion and conviction. I was proud of him, yet scared that I'm going to be dealing with his family the rest of my life. Can I do that? I really don't know.

4) After stopping at Dordt tonight and visiting my brother's apartment and talking to his roomate and good friend (who is the brother of one of my good friends), I think my good friend decided to move to another state within the past two or three weeks. Sad how quickly I can loose track of even my best friends.

5) I just signed a teaching contract for next year that I'm kinda excited about. I can't share the news yet though...keep posted.

6) My grandpa is thinking about going to a nursing home. It is weird to see people grow old and nearly helpless. Sometimes when I think of grandpa, I'm still a little kid taking the mile-long trip to grandpa and grandma's farm when both of my dad's parents were alive and active.

7) My brother is a junior in college. When did that happen?

8) Every time I step back on Dordt's campus I feel like I'm in a time warp and that I could just go walk into any of my old rooms and my old roomates would be there or go to the library and talk to so many good friends there. Exciting to see life move on for so many. Sad to know that I still miss those times and will never have them back. I love you, Dordt friends!

9) My home church had a contemporary service. Nevermind the fact that the praise songs they were singing were ones that I consider cheesy. God continually amazes me and reminds me that he is moving in that place.

10) I never get sick of coming home. When college was over, I almost couldn't wait to leave this place. Now I love being HOME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home